A very, lucky WyoLotto™ player, who purchased a Cowboy Draw™ ticket in Douglas, won $628,630 in the April 16 drawing – making them the FIRST jackpot winner in Wyoming Lottery history.
The winner bought their ticket at the Maverik, located at 1108 W Yellowstone Hwy Douglas, at 12:12 p.m. on April 16. The winning numbers for April 16 were 6, 8, 9, 27 and 32.
“Our goal with Cowboy Draw game is to increase the fun and winnings for WyoLotto players,” said Jon Clontz, CEO of the Wyoming Lottery Corporation. “We did increase the payout percent giving our Wyoming players more chances to win. Our overall odds on this game are very low at 1:6 which makes it an easier game to win. We expect to see the number of jackpot winners continue to grow.”
And WyoLotto players are winning! An additional 11 WyoLotto players won a $1,000 each in the April 16 drawing, bringing the total of $1,000 winners to 76. Since the launch of the Wyoming Lottery in August of last year, 329,426 WyoLotto players have won a total of $1,855,575.
RETAILERS THAT SOLD $1,000 WINNING TICKETS FOR APRIL 16 DRAWING
- CASPER: Albertsons, located at 2625 E. Second St. in Casper, sold a $1,000 winning ticket on April 14.
- CHEYENNE: Loaf n’ Jug, located at 2414 Dell Range Blvd. in Cheyenne, sold a $1,000 winning ticket on April 15.
- CHEYENNE: Big D Oil, located at 2029 Dell Range in Cheyenne, sold a $1,000 winning ticket on April 15.
- CHEYENNE: Pilot, located at 8020 Campstool Rd in Cheyenne, sold a $1,000 winning ticket on April 16.
- JACKSON: Flat Creek Development Company, located at 750 W. Broadway in Jackson, sold a $1,000 winning ticket on April 15.
- GREEN RIVER: The Cigarette Store, located at 160 Uinta Dr.in Green River, sold a $1,000 winning ticket on April 11.
- MILLS: Moyle Petroleum Company, located at 3601 W. Yellowstone in Mills, sold a $1,000 winning ticket on April 15.
- MOORCROFT: Big Cup, Inc., located at 506 E. Converse in Moorcroft, sold a $1,000 winning ticket on April 9.
- PINEDALE: Ridley’s, located at 341 E. Pine St. in Pinedale, sold a $1,000 winning ticket on April 15.
- SHERIDAN: Rocky Mountain Oil Holiday Companies, located at 812 N. Main in Sheridan, sold a $1,000 winning ticket on April 15.
- THERMOPOLIS: Wild West Markets of Thermopolis, located at 225 S. 4th St. in Thermopolis, sold a $1,000 winning ticket on April 14.
Tickets for the Cowboy Draw game, which launched on March 15, are only sold in Wyoming, giving WyoLotto players higher chances of winning prizes. The jackpot now returns to $250,000 and keeps growing until someone wins.
Cowboy Draw is a draw game similar to Powerball® and Mega Millions®. Players choose five numbers ranging from 1 to 45. A player who correctly matches all five numbers is the jackpot winner! Players who correctly match four, three and two numbers also win cash prizes of $1,000, $20 and $5, respectively. Each $5 ticket provides two chances to win. The weekly drawings for Cowboy Draw will be held every Monday and Thursday at 2 p.m. MST.
To receive updates and notifications about the upcoming Wyoming Cowboy Draw game, visit wyolotto.com/signup.