Mary Throne was born and raised in Campbell County, Wyoming on a ranch on Wild Horse Creek. She graduated with an A.B. in history from Princeton University in 1982 after completing a senior thesis titled “Wyoming Water Laws, 1888-1910: Public Ownership of Water for Irrigation Use.” She then received a law degree from Columbia Law School.
After college Mary spent two years volunteering in Thailand and then moved back to Wyoming to work as an Assistant Wyoming Attorney General in the state, serving in that role from 1992 to 1999. Mary and her husband live in Cheyenne and have 3 sons, Michael, Tarver, and Patrick.
- Wyoming Public Service Commision; Deputy Chair
- Office of the Wyoming Attorney General; Asst. Attorney General, Senior Asst. Attorney General
- Wyoming Women’s Foundation Advisory Board
- Wyoming Women’s Legislative Caucus Board; Emeritus
- Wyoming Komen Race for the Cure
- 2013 New Balance Survivor of the Year
- Princeton Alumni Schools Committee; Past Chair
- Leadership Wyoming; Class of 2002
Wyoming Lottery Board Terms:
- Appointed in 2017; Reappointed in 2021