WyoLotto™ Powerball® “Power in Numbers” Giveaway Terms & Conditions
To register and participate in this drawing you must provide personal information such as your name, ZIP code, email address and telephone number so that Wyoming Lottery Corporation (WyoLotto) can contact you. If you win a prize, you will be required to complete a W2G and any other forms required for tax reporting purposes and we will collect your birth date, social security number, name, address, etc. WyoLotto will keep this information confidential and in January 2020, you will receive a 1099 for tax reporting. We will only disclose your personal information if ordered by a court or the Attorney General, or if otherwise required by law.
As a winner, you are agreeing to allow WyoLotto and its Marketing Agency, Warehouse Twenty One, to use your name, photo, and the city where you live in a WyoLotto promotional campaign, announcements, advertisements, and press releases.
These terms and conditions are to ensure that the winner selection process is conducted in accordance with procedures and rules to assure complete integrity, fairness, honesty and security of the winner selection process.
To enter to win this giveaway, you must:
- Purchase a Powerball ticket between January 21, 2019 and April 19, 2019
- Enter the code printed on the ticket at www.wyolotto.com along with any and all additional information to complete the website entry form
- Agree to the terms and conditions of giveaway
Once the above steps are completed, this will be recorded as an entry. If entrant does not ‘agree’ to the terms and the conditions of the giveaway, they are forfeiting their entry.
- Grand Prize: 2019 Chevy Silverado Truck
- First Prize: $20,000 Cash
- Second Prize: Camper Trailer
- Third Prize: Boat with Trailer
- Paddle Board Package
- Specialized Bike
- Traeger Grill
Actual prizes may vary
The entry period extends from January 21, 2019 at 8:00 a.m. MDT to April 19, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. MDT.
Three random prize drawings will occur throughout the entry period from January 21, 2019 – April 19, 2019. The random prize winners will be drawn at random from the entire entry pool of valid entries at the time of each of the random prize drawings via Sprout Social as well as three alternates. Winners of the random prize drawing will be eligible for the main prize draw on April 22, 2019.
Following the close of the entry period on April 19, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. MDT, on April 22, 2019 at 8:15 a.m. four winners will be drawn at random from the entire pool of valid entries via Sprout Social as well as three alternates for each prize.
Main prize winners will be announced publicly on May 1, 2019 or as near to the drawing date as deemed possible. Random prize winners will be drawn at random throughout the giveaway period of January 21, 2019 thru April 19, 2019 and announced on WyoLotto’s Facebook page.
- WyoLotto will provide its best effort to ensure the prize(s) awarded in this promotion is determined as impartially and randomly as practical.
- WyoLotto will provide its best effort to ensure the integrity of the Lottery is maintained.
- WyoLotto will provide its best effort to ensure the drawing or winners selected is conducted in strict compliance with Terms and Conditions.
- WyoLotto will provide its best effort to ensure compliance to all applicable statutes, rules and regulations.
- You must be at least 18 years of age or older to enter and to win.
- You must be a United States resident to enter.
- Only 1 entry per code per valid phone number.
- By entering your email address, checking the subscribe to updates box and agreeing to the terms of the giveaway, you agree to receive periodic email announcements from the Lottery.
- The Lottery CEO or designee will make all final decisions regarding the eligibility or entries and/or participants.
- If it is determined by the Lottery that you stole data from or are associated with attacking, infecting or intruding upon any computer system owned by or associated with the Lottery or which in any way threatens the security of the Lottery’s computer system, the Lottery may immediately disqualify any portion of or the entire list of entries. The Lottery reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law and may seek criminal charges.
- If the Lottery determines an entry to be valid, and the entry was not entered into the drawing due to Lottery or database error, as determined by the Lottery CEO or designee, that entry can be entered into a comparable drawing for a prize of like value, or an alternate prize may be offered at a future time to be determined by the Lottery CEO or designee. The Lottery CEO or designee’s decision is final.
III. DRAWING DETAILS
- All winners will be selected from all valid entries through the website entry form.
- Four main prize winners will be selected at random from all eligible entries via Sprout Social as well as three alternates for each prize. In the event any main prize winner drawn does not accept their prize package and agree to the terms set forth or cannot be contacted, one alternate winner will be contacted in the order selected and the winner must agree to the terms. If not, the next alternate will be contacted, and so on until a winner is defined.
- Three drawings for the random prize winners will be selected at random from all eligible entries at the time of each random prize drawing via Sprout Social as well as three alternates. In the event any of the random prize winners drawn do not accept their prize package and agree to the terms set forth or cannot be contacted, one alternate winner will be contacted in the order selected and the winner must agree to the terms. If not, the next alternate will be contacted, and so on until a winner is defined. Selection for the three random prizes does not exclude any entrant from being selected for the four main prizes. Winners of the random prize drawing will be eligible for the main prize draw as well.
- Odds of winning are dependent on the total number of eligible entries received during the entry period.
- Main prize winner selection will be held on April 22, 2019 at 8:15 a.m. MDT.
- Random prize winner selection will be conducted at random throughout the giveaway period of January 21, 2019 thru April 19, 2019 and announced on WyoLotto’s Facebook page.
IV. NOTIFICATION OF WINNERS
- Main prize winners will be notified on April 22, 2019 between 8:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. MDT via phone and email. Winners must respond by 9:00 a.m. on April 23, 2019.
- Main prize winners must verbally accept the terms of their prize by 9:00 a.m. on April 24, 2019 or the next alternate winner will be contacted.
- Random prize winners will be announced on social media and contacted after each announcement. Random prize winners must respond by 9:00 a.m. the following day after the social media announcement to start the claim process. Random prize winners must verbally accept the terms of their prize by 9:00 a.m. on the following day of responding to the social media announcement or the next alternate winner will be contacted.
- Lottery will attempt to notify the winners via phone, text and email.
V. PRIZE CLAIM RULES
- Winners must claim the prize at WyoLotto Headquarters.
- Prizes are not transferable from the winner to any other individuals.
VI. PRIZE TAXES, FEES & EXPENSES
- Disclosure Requirement: To receive a prize the winner shall furnish to the Lottery the information required on the Internal Revenue Service Form W2G (or any other form required by the IRS), including but not limited to, the winner’s name, address and social security number. This disclosure is mandatory and the authority for such disclosure is 42 USC 405 (c) (2) (C); 26 CFR 31.3402 (q)-1 (e). A winner’s social security number will be used for the purpose of submitting required documents to federal tax authorities.
- The prize winner is responsible for all applicable taxes, liens, or other legal or governmental charges.
- Employees or representatives of the Wyoming Lottery, advertising agencies, their spouses, children or any relatives residing in the same household as the employee or agent are ineligible to participate. You agree that you will hold harmless and indemnify the Wyoming Lottery Corporation and its agents from and against any damages based on your participation in this promotion.
- By accepting the prizes discussed herein, the winners agree to accept any prizes “as-is” with no representations or warranties on the condition of any such prize.
- Winners must verify they are a United States resident at the time of the drawing. For purposes herein a United States resident is defined as an individual who maintains permanent residency within the United States at the time of the drawing. Winners will be required to provide two forms of proof of residency sufficient to demonstrate residency.
- WyoLotto shall not be required to release prizes to any winners until such time as WyoLotto has completed any necessary security, tax, legal or other reviews.
- Lottery winners are required to complete a Wyoming Lottery Prize Claim Form.