WyoLotto™ Cowboy Draw® “Double Shot” Promotion Terms & Conditions
To participate in the Wyoming Lottery Corporation (“WyoLotto”) Cowboy Draw Double Shot Promotion, each person must provide personal information such as your name, ZIP code, email address and telephone number so that WyoLotto can contact you. If you win a prize, you will be required to complete a W2G and any other forms deemed to be required by WyoLotto for tax reporting purposes. Additionally, WyoLotto may require receipt of any winner’s birth date, social security number, full legal name, address, and any other information deemed necessary. WyoLotto will keep this information confidential, and will only use such information for necessary reporting and/or compliance purposes, or if required to disclose by a government authority or court order. In January 2021, you will receive a 1099 for tax reporting, however, individual tax reporting is the sole responsibility of winners.
As a winner, you will have the choice to share your information or remain anonymous through a publicity form WyoLotto will provide to you at the time of claiming your prize. WyoLotto will not publicly identify you without your consent.
The purpose of these terms and conditions is to ensure that the promotion and any associated process is conducted in accordance with these procedures and rules, in compliance with applicable laws, and to assure complete integrity, fairness, honesty and security of WyoLotto’s ticket claim process.
To enter to win this giveaway, you must:
- Purchase a Cowboy Draw ticket(s) for one or more of the following draw dates:
- May 14, 2020
- May 18, 2020
- May 21, 2020
- May 25, 2020
- May 28, 2020
- June 1, 2020
- June 4, 2020
- June 8, 2020
- June 11, 2020
- June 15, 2020
- Ensure the ticket is a $1,000 winner by checking the numbers or verifying at a local retailer
- Complete the back of the ticket(s) and include a winner claim form, which can be found at: https://wyolotto.com/if-you-won/
- Fill out the winner claim form and include:
- Two (2) forms of Government issued identification. One must be a copy of your Social Security Card, the other, a valid, picture ID
- Retain a copy for your records.
- Non-resident Alien-Must provide Tax ID number
- Mail the original ticket, winner claim form and copies of IDs to WyoLotto at:
- 1620 Central Ave., Ste. 100
Cheyenne, WY 82001
Once the above steps are completed, each ticket received will be processed according to our claim processing procedures. Entry into this promotion is automatic when a $1,000 winner is verified through the Wyoming Lottery Gaming System. No additional acceptance into this promotion is necessary.
Every ticket submitted must be a $1,000 winning ticket during the draw dates listed above, and will be verified before being processed. If a ticket is received that is not a winner, WyoLotto will return your ticket to you with information as to why it was not valid.
All validated entries of $1,000 winners, in accordance with these terms and conditions will receive double the prize amount to total $2,000.
The promotional period extends from May 14, 2020 to June 15, 2020 draws, and valid winning tickets must be redeemed within 180 days of the draw date. Any tickets received after 180 days from the eligible winning draw date will not be eligible for any prize hereunder.
If any prize winner(s) returns the publicity release and are willing to share their story, it will be announced through WyoLotto Facebook, Twitter and/or Instagram posts, and will only include locations (city only) of winners.
- WyoLotto will provide its best effort to ensure the prize(s) awarded in this promotion is determined as impartially and randomly as practical.
- WyoLotto will provide its best effort to ensure the integrity of the promotion is maintained.
- WyoLotto will provide its best effort to ensure the drawing or winners selected is conducted in strict compliance with these Terms and Conditions.
- WyoLotto will provide its best effort to ensure compliance to all applicable statutes, rules and regulations.
- You must be at least 18 years of age or older to enter and to win.
- You must be a United States resident to enter.
- By entering your ticket(s), you are agreeing to these terms of the promotion.
- The WyoLotto CEO or designee will make all final decisions regarding the eligibility of entries and/or participants.
- If WyoLotto determines an entry to be valid, and the entry was not entered due to WyoLotto error, as determined by the WyoLotto CEO or designee, that entry can be entered into a comparable drawing for a prize of like value, or an alternate prize may be offered at a future time to be determined by the WyoLottoCEO or designee. The WyoLotto CEO or designee’s decision is final.
- This promotion shall be governed by the Wyoming Lottery Act, and any other applicable rules and regulations.
III. NOTIFICATION OF WINNERS
- Prize winners will be notified that their winning $1000 ticket was part of a Double Play promotion. This notification will only occur when players send in their winning ticket and the ticket meets the criteria of the promotion/contest and is validated.
- WyoLottoagrees not to publicly identify any prize winner without that winner’s consent.
IV. PRIZE CLAIM RULES
- Prizes are transferable from the winner to any other individual(s). All Cowboy Draw game rules specific to transferring prizes apply to this promotion.
- Winner must claim the prize at WyoLotto Headquarters in person or by US Mail/Fed Ex/UPS.
V. PRIZE TAXES, FEES & EXPENSES
- To receive a prize the winner shall furnish to the WyoLotto all the information required on the Internal Revenue Service Form W2G (or any other form required by the IRS), including but not limited to, the winner’s name, address and social security number or Tax ID number. This disclosure is mandatory and the authority for such disclosure is 42 USC 405 (c) (2) (C); 26 CFR 31.3402 (q)-1 (e). A winner’s social security number or Tax ID number will be used for the purpose of submitting required documents to federal tax authorities.
- The prize winner is responsible for all applicable taxes, liens, or other legal or governmental charges.
- Employees or representatives of WyoLotto advertising agencies, their spouses, children or any relatives residing in the same household as the employee or agent are ineligible to participate. You agree that you will hold harmless and indemnify WyoLotto and its agents from and against any damages based on your participation in this promotion.
- WyoLotto shall not be required to release prizes to any winners until such time as WyoLotto has completed any necessary security, tax, legal or other reviews.
Winners are required to complete a Wyoming Lottery Prize Claim Form.